In case you’ve been asleep since the snooze-worthy Super Bowl, or distracted by the adorable Puppy Bowl, March Madness 2019 is coming.
That’s right, the Big Dance, the Sweet 16, the Elite Eight, and the Final Four will be returning to an arena or screen near you. Here are some very important things you need to know while watching, planning and bracketing.
- Selection Sunday is March 17th.
- 68 teams start out with the dream of cutting the net, only one will emerge victorious.
- March Madness 2019 and all other years is played as single elimination.
- Duke is the odds-on favorite (+170 favorite to be exact) as we approach the tournament. They have been on a hot streak and nothing seems to be slowing down the Blue Devils any time soon.
- Only eight teams since the beginning of the seeding process have entered the Big Dance ranked number one in at least one of the polls and went on to win the championship.
- Each No. 1 seeded team has about a 40% chance of making it out of their region.
- The Tournament ends April 6/8th, according to their official website.
- March Madness 2019: the disease that overcomes all sports fans in light of the NCAA tournament that begins in March and overtakes lives.
- The Big Dance: the tournament, the reason for March Madness 2019.
- Sweet 16: the final 16 teams who have made it to the 3rd round of tournament play.
- Elite Eight: final 8 teams of the tournament, 4th round of the tournament.
- Final Four: the last 4 teams eligible to win the National Championship.
Think we missed anything important? Let us know in the comments below, or tell us who your dream team is to make it all the way through the dance!